> Ah, ok.  Yeah, this has been broken a long while.

Well, I guess that's a good reason for it not to work! : )

> The comments contrib needs some love, but I understand Jacob's working
> on a rewrite

Good deal! I look forward to it.

> But you're in luck; I recently ported from an old version of Django to
> 0.96, so I had the fun of sorting through the bugs.
>
> I've filed a couple comment-related patches on tickets, but I'll
> attach a single diff here for convenience.

Thanks! I don't have server root access, so I'll have to wait to get
the patch(es) applied. I can see the 'objects' fix in django/contrib/
comments/models.py!

> You may also be interested in James' recent comment
> utilities:http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2007/06/25/hacking-comments-without-hack...

Yeah, I've seen those and will undoubtedly be monkeying about with
them soon.

Thanks again Jeremy for all your help.

John