I posted about the exact same issue a couple days ago and someone
suggested using the js attribute of the admin class.  Unfortunately as
a novice programmer this is going to take me a while to navigate so
I've moved on to other areas of my application before I get down into
it.  I'm watching this thread with eager interest however, in case
someone has a magic solution.

I'm also new to open source software communities, so I don't exactly
know the appropriate venue for feature requests, but the feature that
David is describing here strikes me as tremendously useful.  Are other
people wishing that this existed in Django?