Hello,

Your problem could be that the permissions to /home/john-scott do not
allow directory traversal down into this directory for "other" users.
You probably need to do:

$ chmod 0755 /home/john-scott
$ chmod 0755 /home/john-scott/workspace
$ cd /home/john-scott/workspace
$ find -type d | xargs chmod 0755
$ find -type f | xargs chmod 0644

Your home directory probably contains important files that you don't
want to be accessible by "other" users so you might consider creating
a separate user account specifically for Django.

HTH.

--
_nimrod_a_abing_

http://abing.gotdns.com/