Hi all,
I'm having a strange problem with a view.
Its code runs well if I test if in the shell but seems to block the
dev server:

#django 0.96
def html2pdf(request, url = None ):
    from django.http import HttpResponse
    import subprocess

    response = HttpResponse(mimetype='application/pdf')
    response['Content-Disposition'] = 'attachment;
filename=documento.pdf'

    #with this url (managed by django) the dev server freezes
    url = r"http://localhost:8000/";
    #using this one everything works well
    #url = r"http://www.google.it";
    output = subprocess.Popen(
                     ["/usr/bin/htmldoc" , url, "--format", "pdf14",
"--webpage", "--charset", "iso-8859-15"],
                     stdout=subprocess.PIPE,
                     stderr=subprocess.PIPE
                     ).communicate()[0]

    response.write(output)