>> You might need to adopt a different approach to URL construction that is
>> reversible (writing your own version of slugify, possibly?).
>
> Thanks for the help Malcolm. Using Jeff Croft's "I'm not a programmer"
> excuse, would it be too much trouble to request a small example of a
> reversible slugify?

Given that any general "slugify" method throws away information
(case, spaces, punctuation, etc), there's no way to fabricate
that information for reversal short of keeping the original and
working backwards.

However, you can use the urllib.quote() and urllib.unquote()
functions instead, which may do the trick.

You may have to modify the regexp in your urls.py to handle
standard quoted characters rather than just "slug" chars.

-tim