Cross posted to -devel as this is definitely a bug....

On Wed 11 Jul 2007, Peter Nixon wrote:
> On Wed 11 Jul 2007, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
> > On 7/10/07, Peter Nixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > How can I debug this in a way that will provide the developers with
> > > more usefull info?
> >
> > The best way to help us debug this would be to produce a minimal
> > example that replicates the problem - that is, a standalone example
> > that is as small as you can make it while still generating the
> > problem.
> >
> > django-admin.py startproject testprj
> > cd testprj/
>
> testprj> python manage.py startapp testapp
> testprj> vi settings.py
> testprj> cat settings.py
> # Django settings for testprj project.
>
> DEBUG = True
> TEMPLATE_DEBUG = DEBUG
>
> ADMINS = (
>     # ('Your Name', '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'),
> )
>
> MANAGERS = ADMINS
>
> DATABASE_ENGINE = 'postgresql_psycopg2'
> # 'postgresql_psycopg2', 'postgresql', 'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.
> DATABASE_NAME = 'djangotest'             # Or path to database file if
> using sqlite3.
> DATABASE_USER = 'djangotest'             # Not used with sqlite3.
> DATABASE_PASSWORD = 'djangotest'         # Not used with sqlite3.
> DATABASE_HOST = '127.0.0.1'             # Set to empty string for
> localhost. Not used with sqlite3.
> DATABASE_PORT = ''             # Set to empty string for default. Not used
> with sqlite3.
>
> # Local time zone for this installation. Choices can be found here:
> #
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/datetime-keywords.html#DATETIME-
>TIMEZONE-SET-TABLE # although not all variations may be possible on all
> operating systems. # If running in a Windows environment this must be set
> to the same as your # system time zone.
> TIME_ZONE = 'America/Chicago'
>
> # Language code for this installation. All choices can be found here:
> # http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/dirlang.html#langcodes
> # http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/stories/storyReader$15
> LANGUAGE_CODE = 'en-us'
>
> SITE_ID = 1
>
> # If you set this to False, Django will make some optimizations so as not
> # to load the internationalization machinery.
> USE_I18N = True
>
> # Absolute path to the directory that holds media.
> # Example: "/home/media/media.lawrence.com/"
> MEDIA_ROOT = ''
>
> # URL that handles the media served from MEDIA_ROOT. Make sure to use a
> # trailing slash if there is a path component (optional in other cases).
> # Examples: "http://media.lawrence.com";, "http://example.com/media/";
> MEDIA_URL = ''
>
> # URL prefix for admin media -- CSS, JavaScript and images. Make sure to
> use a
> # trailing slash.
> # Examples: "http://foo.com/media/";, "/media/".
> ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/'

> [...]

OK. I have done some further testing, and gone back progressively though SVN
versions until the problem no longer occurs. This problem first occurs in
SVN revision 5609. (ie. 5608 works as expected and 5609 and later crashes)

The problem is therefore somewhere in the changeset at:
http://code.djangoproject.com/changeset/5609/

I hope this is enough information to fix the bug :-)

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/