On Jul 8, 11:54 pm, Knut Ivar Nesheim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A working workaround:
> If javascript is an option, have a look at this: http://
> developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panelwait/1.html

Knut,

Thanks for the great idea, and I'll definitely dig deeper into it if
for no other reason than adding AJAX ui to my project is high on my
Todo list, and the Yahoo UI looks fairly cool!

Unfortunately I'm stuck in the dark ages, and haven't yet settled on
an AJAX / ui toolkit to try to use.  I'm hoping that DJANGO picks one,
and makes it the default soon! Thereby eliminating any need for me to
learn one, and then learn yet-another-ajax-toolkit later on when they
do pick one.  :-)

As to my particular problem, I just went with a tried a true solution,
and split out the time consuming stuff over to an xmlrpc server, and I
just have the view call the xmlrpc server to start the process, and
since I don't really "care" about the return ( good or bad ) I
immediately return the control to the Django view, and go from there.

Thanks,
Ray