On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 19:55 +0000, kevinski wrote:
> Here is my situation:
>
> I have a model attribute which needs CHOICES to come from another
> model. The caveat is, I need to add an addition choice so I cannot set
> it as a foreign key.

What do you mean here? I don't understand what an "addition choice" is.

>  How do I set the CHOICES to populate dynamically
> and add the additional choice.

You can't do this directly, since automatic alternative population
either comes from the choices attribute (which is computed once) or by
looking up a foreign key.

What you can do, however, is construct the form field yourself (for form
entry) and insert the choices manually. Right at the moment, for admin
usage, that is probably a bit painful. For newforms-admin, though, it
shouldn't be too hard, since you can subclass the Field and override the
default form field method. Have a read of the code to see how this is
used (look at formfield() in django/db/models/fields/__init__.py and
django/contrib/admin/ in the newforms-admin branch).

Regards,
Malcolm

--
I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem.
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/