On 18 Jul 2007, at 12:00 pm, Chris Hoeppner wrote:

Hi there!

I've been working on an ecommerce solution. So far everything works like
it should. There's just one "nice to have" feature left: bulk upload.
I've thought of using xls (microsoft office's excel files) to make it
easy on the client, because teaching them xml or yaml isn't the big
deal. After thinking about it, finding a xls parser module for python
might not be the problem, but how could I take on product images? How
can I bulk upload those? Ok, I can upload a tar or zip file and have it
unpacked automatically, but how do I automagically assign the images
with the product, having in mind that some might have 5 pics and others
might have 2 or none.

What about CSV? You can export from Excel as CSV pretty easily and it's a fairly easy format to parse in python...

Thanks,

Dave

--
David Reynolds