hi,

i've been trying to get started with django and i am stock in this
problem and found out that there's a conflict in login() method. here
is my view code

from django.http import HttpResponse, HttpResponseRedirect
from django.shortcuts import render_to_response
from django.contrib.auth import authenticate, login

def index(request):
    if not request.user.is_authenticated():
        return render_to_response('login.htm', {'from':request.path})
    return render_to_response('index.htm')

def login(request):
    if request.method == 'POST':
        user = authenticate(username=request.POST['username'],
password=request.POST['password'])
        if user is not None:
            if user.is_active:
                #return HttpResponse('user authenticated')
                fixlogin(request, user)
                return HttpResponseRedirect('/main/')
            else:
                return HttpResponse('user not active')
        else:
            return HttpResponse('authenticate fail')
    return render_to_response('login.htm')

The problem is an error saying login() method accept only one
parameter, where I follow this documentation (http://
www.djangoproject.com/documentation/0.96/authentication/#how-to-log-a-user-in).
After many times of trail and error I thought of changing this import
from django.contrib.auth import authenticate, login to from
django.contrib.auth import authenticate, login as fixlogin() and use
fixlogin(request, user)

Is this already fix? I am just using 0.96.

Thanks
james