Chris,

2007/7/19, Chris Hoeppner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> There would still be the problem of people wanting to
> "one-click-install" plugins and themes. But why would such a person even
> think about using a framework instead of wordpress?

My point was that - assuming the Django community wants to spread the
word that Django is the best answer to whatever question - that you
have to target people who just want to use an application and
demonstrate the greatness. This requires a momentum, a community.

If you just not want to bother those people and do not want to be
bothered, then, well, let them use Wordpress :)

All I tried to say is perhaps that people who are looking for a simple
to use blogging solution might want to get there with the least amount
of work. Installing Wordpress is damn easy. Everybody with "computer
knowledge" therefore typically recommends Wordpress (let's not dive
into the discussion here that PHP is nearly always preinstalled and
Python not).

Would you recommend your non-technical friends to go and install
Python and Django, then to compile a common repository of stuff
grabbed from all over the web and then to write their own custom
blogging solution because it's so easy? I guess not :)

--
Stefan Matthias Aust