as a matter of fact I just uploaded a new version [1] of the
dbtemplates module, which is kind of pieced together from its
original patch for a contrib app [2] and some ideas from james'
django-registration app :)

it's a standalone app now and lives on the python path. installation
and usage instructions included.
please don't hesitate to test it and complain [3] if it isn't working.

best,
jannis

1: http://django-databasetemplateloader.googlecode.com/files/
dbtemplates-0.2.tar.gz