On 7/21/07, Stefan Matthias Aust <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Therefore,
> can anybody point me to some tutorial/documentation on how to do this
> kind of meta programming in Python?

Google is your friend. Guido wrote a decent introduction to the topic
when types and classes were unified in Python 2.2; there are a few
other good intros and tutorials out there.

As far as practical examples go - The Django Model metaclass is
probably too complex to act as a good tutorial example. However, the
newforms Form metaclass might be a little easier to understand.

> Additionally, I
> need transactions to be able to revert partial modifications of single
> method calls. It is my current understanding that Django does not have
> this feature.

Which feature? Transactions? Django definitely has those:

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/transactions/

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)