I spoke to soon. Using <Location "/"> in httpd works but of course it sets
mysite as the root directory to my web site. I do not want to do that, at
this time. If I use <Location "/mysite/"> and r'^mysite.polls in
mysite/urls.py everything works up to the point of voting, when the second
problem occurs. When I vote the URL changes from mysite/polls/8/ to
polls/8/vote/ which produces a 404 error, this time in both the django and
mod_python server. Although the mod_python server does not produce a django
error page, the generic one is produced.

In the tutorial, is mysite suppose to be dropped from the url when voting?
When using the admin and other aspects of polls, mysite is always in the
url. It seems strange that this would change when using vote. This make me
think I have a code error somewhere, but I have not been able to find it. I
have done numerous comparisons between my code and what is listed in the
django 0.96 tutorial, but nothing has caught my eye. Does anybody know where
this occurs in the code?

Jim