to_see napisał(a):

> "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
> magic."
>     Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third
> law)
>
> After getting the tutorial example to work, then making a first-draft
> version of my proposed application, I hit a wall trying to do
> something that seemed both essential and straightforward.  After 3
> days of trying various strategies, I decided that what I needed might
> not be possible.
>
> I spent about a day browsing all the relevant source code, plus
> anything they used.  I made one last pass through the posts here that
> seemed related, and then hit the Snippets site.
>
> Snippet #26 solved my problem, essentially in two lines.  I could not
> write those lines for myself now, and I'm not certain I'll ever be
> able to do so.
>
> Am I having a fairly normal introduction to a web framework?  I cannot
> see this as technology.  All I see is magic.

That's gonna normalize over the days/weeks of framework usage. The more
you'd know about Django internals, the less magic you'd see. In the case
of Django, you have often to look at the framework code to know why
things work in some particular way and this makes Django less "magic" at
every look. ;)

My first encounter with Django was in 0.91 days and this was pure magic.
Then the most of this annoying magic has been removed in 0.95.

--
Jarek Zgoda
Skype: jzgoda | GTalk: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | voice: +48228430101

"We read Knuth so you don't have to." (Tim Peters)