Hello,
I have this following model structure
model category : name & description fields
model seller : name & some address fields...
model offer: category (FK to category table), name, picture, etc...
model offer_seller: offer (FK to offer), seller (FK to seller), price,
amount, etc....

the seller has the string representation something like <seller:aldi>,
and the offer_seller has a string representation something like
<OfferSeller: meat at Aldi>

when I dont use select_related, I have no problem for example..
off_seller_1=OfferSeller.objects.filter(offer__in=[1, 2, 3])
off_seller_1[0].seller for example gives me the proper seller for that
offer...<seller:aldi>
and off_seller_1[0] ... gives me the _str representation something
like "<OfferSeller: meat at Aldi>"

now when I use select_related like this
off_seller_2=OfferSeller.objects.select_related(depth=2).filter(offer__in=[1,
2, 3])
off_seller_2[0].seller for example gives me the category instead of
the seller! <seller:food>
and off_seller_2[0] ... gives me the _str representation something
like <OfferSeller: meat at food>

so the statment
off_seller_2[0].seller.shop_name   gives me "food" which is the
category name... instead of the shop_name, which was "aldi"....

Maybe the problem is with the depth parameter, but since I have a self
reference in the offer model, I have to use depth parameter. I have
increased the depth prameter, but I get the same error.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Till then i will use the version
without select_related, and hence incurring database access whenever i
want to get info in related tables :-(

thanks in advance,
Oumer

class category(models.Model) :