I now believe this 'uncaught exception' just means that the return
from the query http://mydomain.com/admin/upload_progress/?0 was not
correctly parsable xml.
If I try http://mydomain.com/admin/upload_progress/?0 by hand it
returns OperationalError at /admin/upload_progress/
(1048, "Column 'progress_id' cannot be null"). I guess this indicates
again that the query needs a progress_id (32 random chars?). So my
guess is it doesn't have this or it doesn't pass this along.

I see there is a 32 char sessionid. Should this be the progress_id?
Should there be a 32 char progress_id in the temp dir during an
upload? (besides the temporarilily file being uploaded?)
What could cause this progress_id file not being there?
How to debug this further?

btw: is this mailing list the correct place to discuss this? Or
should I post to the ticket page?

Best regards
dirk

On 23-jul-2007, at 19:11, Dirk van Oosterbosch, IR labs wrote:

> uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
> 0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.send]"
> nsresult: "0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED)" location: "JS
> frame :: javascript: eval(__firebugTemp__); :: anonymous :: line 1"
> data: no]
>
> 1. My upload temp dir is empty, except for during a upload. Then is
> hold a file like this:
> -rw-------    1 apache   apache       7.6M Jul 22 23:08
> tmpciyJoL.upload
>
> 2. The query string issued during the upload also does not contain 32
> random characters.
> It just calls: http://mydomain.com/admin/upload_progress/?0 (and
> following)
>>
>> 1. Check if your upload temp dir is contain file with 32 length
>> random
>> character is created.
>> 2. If not, check you javascript that summit upload form, it should
>> have 32 random character as a query string.
>> 3. For firefox, use filebug extension to see if there are polling for
>> upload status, it occur every one second by default. For IE, use
>> fiddler to debug.

Dirk van Oosterbosch
de Wittenstraat 225
1052 AT Amsterdam