Hello everyone,

On 7/25/07, Andrey Khavryuchenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, I read carefuly your question and thought the answer was
> straighforward.   I don't understand why you don't want decorators, but you
> could just check the decorator definition to read what it does and copy
> it's code.  All you need is decorator name and grep over django sources :)

Aren't decorators usable only in views? At least that's what I think.
I have a project that required  a separately running process (running
as daemon) that needed access to the Django models. Since the code in
the daemon is not run in the context of a view (no triggering of
TransactionMiddleware), transactions decorators do not work. I get:

TransactionManagementError: This code isn't under transaction management

So being able to use transactions manually would be useful.
--
_nimrod_a_abing_

http://abing.gotdns.com/
http://www.preownedcar.com/