Hi all!
I have a delete that isn't working properly. It deletes more than 1
register when it shouldn't because I'm specifying the primary key in
the filter.
The class file is this:
class UserInstrument(models.Model):
    user_name = models.CharField(primary_key=True, maxlength=60)
    instrument_name = models.CharField(blank=False, maxlength=60)
    permission = models.TextField(blank=True)
    def __str__(self):
        string="user_name: "+self.user_name+"; instr_name:
"+self.instrument_name+"; permission: "+self.permission
        return string
    class Meta:
        db_table = 'User_instrument'
        unique_together = (("user_name", "instrument_name"),)
In the view function I'm doing this:
UserInstrument.objects.filter(user_name__exact=username,
instrument_name__exact=itemid).delete()

If I do this:
number=UserInstrument.objects.filter(user_name__exact=username,
instrument_name__exact=itemid).count()
assert False

In the error page number=1 which means that there is only one register
with that user_name and that instrument_name.
I don't understand why this is happening. It should delete only one
register and instead it's deleting all records with the
user_name=username.
I went directly to MySQL and did
select * from User_instrument where user_name='abc' and
instrument_name='ABC';
these were the user_name and instrument_name which were being used,
and only one register came out.
Oh and another detail, in the MySQL table, the primary key is the
user_name and the instrument_name together.
Does anyone know why this is happening?? Is there a way in which I can
see the SQL commands Django is sending to MySQL?
Thanks for your time.
Ana