On 28/07/07, Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am on a shared hosting environment, and am attempting to make use of
> the textile filter. I have installed the textile library in $HOME/lib/
> python2.3/site-packages, which is on my $PATH, and my $PYTHONPATH. I
> can import textile through the python interactive interpreter and
> execute it correctly. However, when I place 'django.contrib.markup'
> into my INSTALLED_APPS, and add the textile filter to my template tag,
> Django throws this error:
>
>           Error in {% textile %} filter: The Python textile library
> isn't installed.
>
> Since I couldn't get textile to work, I've since tried Markdown.
> Again, I installed it into $HOME/lib/python2.3/site-packages, can
> import it through the interpreter, but cannot use it in my Django
> templates.

I suspect whatever is hosting your site (mod_python? fcgi?) is using a
different path or a different interpreter (like 2.4). Print the value
of sys.path from a view and see whether it includes the right folder.

The other thing is to look in the
django/contrib/markup/templatetags/markup.py file and make sure django
is importing the same thing you are in the shell.

Rob :)