On Jul 28, 12:30 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why not have a base template that contains the menu variable ( I put
> mine in a session variable accessible to the templates named menu ),
> then have all of your other templates extend from that template?

Oh, I do that, but it still requires setting the variable "menu" in
every single view based on that template. I was hoping I could use a
view for nav.html which is included in that menu block and there I
could set menu once and once only but have it work on every page. It's
easy enough to do that with SSI, just make nav.html a seperate page
and map a uri to it (thus letting you use a view) then include it with
SSI inside the menu block. I was wondering if that's the only way, not
every server supports SSI.

Thanks,
-Dan