You are being most helpful mr. Siegfreid. I will take your advise to
heart and start out simple.

The following expresses my personal opinions:

 I am aware that a comparison against one Java-framework is very
insufficient.

Other frameworks can do the job just as well, i am sure. I see no
compelling reasons to go for something PHP (unreadable code for future
programmers) and Ruby (somewhat obscure, centered around rails). Since
I already got my feet wet with Python / Django and since it is
comparatively simple, i prefer it for further use now. I am sure it
will get me the quickest development and it allows me to start simple.

The concerns are few:

- lack of big corporate backing (like Seam) and guaranteed sound
documentation
- much smaller user-base than RoR
- possible future extension of the project with a procurement system
and resulting demand on resources

The last is not an immediate concern and the scale is not yet clear.
The speed of development is much more of a concern.