Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2007 04:23 schrieb Alexandre Forget:
> Hi,
>
> I am stuck with this error, does someone know what it mean?
> I am using django svn and sqlite.
>
> This error happen when I try to delete an object with the admin
> interface but it delete fine with the shell.

Hi,

I submitted a small patch to views/debug.py to show the characters
before and after the wrong charachter. This helps you to find
the place where the string comes from:

http://code.djangoproject.com/attachment/ticket/5046/views_debug_unicodeerror_hint.diff

Since my python code is in latin1 I get this message often.
Be sure to use only unicode strings in your code:

example:

models.py
    foo=models.CharField(maxlength=6, choices=(
        ("umlaut", u"üöäßÜÖÄ"),

 Thomas