Not clear on what you mean by "more robust views". Can you please
elaborate?

Regarding the term "views", I do mean actually invoking the python
function via the url routing system. I would settle for calling a
regular python function that returns some html snippet but I think the
existing views would just work fine.

Regarding custom template tags, I guess I expect many users to want to
use django this way, so I think that having a "load_view" template
element would be useful. Don't you agree?

Cheers,

Sagi