On 3 Aug 2007, at 3:55 pm, James Tauber wrote:

A number of sites I'm working on will optionally notify users of
certain events via email. Think of the email you get from a social
networking site when someone wants to add you as a friend. Or forum
software that emails subscribers to a thread when there's been a new
post. I also have the occasional need to send administrative email to
all users on a site or announcements to those that have opted-in to
receive them (although my own preference in that case is for there to
be an Atom feed).

I was thinking of developing a django app for this with support for
queuing and throttling of sends, scheduled sends, and logging of mail
failures. I'm NOT interested at all in using it for unsolicited email
(although unfortunately there's nothing in the design I have in mind
that would prevent its use for that, I don't think)

I think I would find this useful a *lot* for work, so I would be very happy to help, if necessary.

Thanks,

Dave
--
David Reynolds