On Aug 5, 8:24 pm, ocgstyles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> django-admin.py is a python script that should be ran at the command
> line:
>
> $ django-admin startproject myproject
>
> ..should work fine.

thks - the tutorial shows the .py extension and that was giving the
error.

So, can we get the tutorial changed to reflect this ?   Also it would
be helpful for the tutorial to have a paragraph with the steps of
changing the database settings and running the startapp

Also I still think something might be wrong with the ubuntu packaging
- I don't understand why the same django files (under /django/bin)
should be in 3 locations:  /usr/lib/python-django/....,  /usr/lib/
python2.5/site-packages/...., and /usr/share/python-support/python-
django/....