eggie5 wrote:
> I'm not a python or django user,

Why not consider becoming one? :-) You may start with IronPython.

> but in the past couple days I've
> become fascinated with Django. Mostly how the database modeling works.
> It seems so elegant, something that doesn't exist in asp.net world.

No ORMs for any CLR language? Peculiar. Try running Django on IronPython. :-)

> I've been looking at the source to see how it's implemented because I
> wanted to recreate parts of it i my C# asp.net app.

You're going the wrong direction. ;-)

> My question is how does django get the field names for the DB. Does it
> do some type of reflection on People class?

Try looking at this:

http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/DevModelCreation

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

These three disciplines - writing, engineering, and artistry - are not
so different from one another. [...] When you're able to think easily
in all three modes one by one, you will soon find yourself thinking in
all three simultaneously. The writer, engineer and artist overlap and
merge, Voltron-style, to form The Designer. -- Craig Cook, January 2007