I have run across an issue trying to implement the clean method.

I have 2 fields an annotation type and annotation value. I am trying
to validate that if one
value is entered the other value cannot be blank or empty.

Initially, I tried to implement the clean method at the field level.
The problem I encounter is
that the annotation value does not show up in the cleaned_data in the
clean_annotationtype function. This occurs even if I enter data in the
annotation value field.

The annotation value does appear in the cleaned_data in the
clean_annotationvalue function.

I can correctly validate both fields when I implement the clean method
at the form level. But,
I was trying to have the error message appear in either the annotation
type or annotation value field depending upon the error message.

Would appreciate any direction with this issue.

Thanks,
Jeff