Hello,

I'm a newbie to python and django and I hope that u can help me

I'm just trying to use i18n, but I got no translation at all

Here is the code I wrote in the template index.html

{%load i18n%}

            <form action="/i18n/setlang/" method="get">

                  <input name="next" type="hidden" value="/" />

                        <select name="language">

                              {% for lang in LANGUAGES %}

                                    <option value="{{ lang.0 }}">{{ lang.1}}
</option>

                              {% endfor %}

                        </select>

                  <input type="submit" value="Go" />

            </form>

I didn't see any options in the select when I run it

Here is my settings.py file

# Django settings for i18nTry project.

DEBUG = True

TEMPLATE_DEBUG = DEBUG

ADMINS = (

    # ('Your Name', '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'),

)

MANAGERS = ADMINS

DATABASE_ENGINE = *'postgresql_psycopg2'*           # 'postgresql_psycopg2',
'postgresql', 'mysql', 'sqlite3' or 'oracle'.

DATABASE_NAME = *'test'*             # Or path to database file if using
sqlite3.

DATABASE_USER = *'postgres'*             # Not used with sqlite3.

DATABASE_PASSWORD = *''*         # Not used with sqlite3.

DATABASE_HOST = *''*             # Set to empty string for localhost. Not
used with sqlite3.

DATABASE_PORT = *''*             # Set to empty string for default. Not used
with sqlite3.

# Local time zone for this installation. Choices can be found here:

#
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/datetime-keywords.html#DATETIME-TIMEZONE-SET-TABLE

# although not all variations may be possible on all operating systems.

# If running in a Windows environment this must be set to the same as your

# system time zone.

TIME_ZONE = *'America/New_York'*

# Language code for this installation. All choices can be found here:

# http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/dirlang.html#langcodes

LANGUAGE_CODE = *'ar'*

SITE_ID = 1

# If you set this to False, Django will make some optimizations so as not

# to load the internationalization machinery.

USE_I18N = True

LANGUAGES = (

    (*'ar'*, *'Arabic'*),

    (*'en'*, *'English'*),

    )

# Absolute path to the directory that holds media.

# Example: "/home/media/media.lawrence.com/"

MEDIA_ROOT = *''*

# URL that handles the media served from MEDIA_ROOT. Make sure to use a

# trailing slash if there is a path component (optional in other cases).

# Examples: "http://media.lawrence.com";, "http://example.com/media/";

MEDIA_URL = *''*

# URL prefix for admin media -- CSS, JavaScript and images. Make sure to use

# trailing slash.

# Examples: "http://foo.com/media/";, "/media/".

ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = *'/media/'*

# Make this unique, and don't share it with anybody.

SECRET_KEY = *'qx6%+dl+6k-g(fu*qr-37rmn0%oa2)sn)(v7=1i8e8%)[EMAIL PROTECTED]'*

# List of callables that know how to import templates from various sources.

TEMPLATE_LOADERS = (

    *'django.template.loaders.filesystem.load_template_source'*,

    *'django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source'*,

#     'django.template.loaders.eggs.load_template_source',

)

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (

    *'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware'*,

    *'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware'*,

    *'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware'*,

    *'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware'*,

    *'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware'*,

)

ROOT_URLCONF = *'i18nTry.urls'*

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (

    # Put strings here, like "/home/html/django_templates" or
"C:/www/django/templates".

    # Always use forward slashes, even on Windows.

    # Don't forget to use absolute paths, not relative paths.

   *'D:/eclipse-workspace/i18nTry/i18n/templates'*,

)

INSTALLED_APPS = (

    *'django.contrib.auth'*,

    *'django.contrib.contenttypes'*,

    *'django.contrib.sessions'*,

    *'django.contrib.sites'*,

    *'i18n'*,

)

And urls.py file

from django.conf.urls.defaults import *

urlpatterns = patterns(*''*,

    (r*'^i18n/'*, include(*'django.conf.urls.i18n'*)),

    (r*'^$'*, *'i18n.views.my_view'*),

)

And views.py

from django.shortcuts import render_to_response

from django.utils.translation import ugettext as _

def *my_view*(request):

    output = _(*"Hello World Home"*)

    return render_to_response(*'index.html'*, {*'output'*: output})

thanks in advance

--
Yours
Heba