On 13 Sie, 09:48, patrickk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> thanks russ.
>
> is it possible to make the testing-output more verbose? I tried "-v",
> but that doesn´t work. It´d be nice to see what tests have been
> running and what the output is (more than just "OK").
./manage.py test --verbosity 2 (or 1 or 0)

> in the django-docs it says, that doctests provide automatic
> documentation. what exactly does that mean? does it refer to the tests
> written within the model or is it possible to generate some output
> (html-file)?
I think it says automatic because doctests contain not only code but
also some textual descriptions.
Take a look at:
http://svn.zope.org/zope.testbrowser/trunk/src/zope/testbrowser/README.txt?rev=76064&view=auto
This readme is at the same moment a doctest and what is more it is
written in the structured text (or restructured) format. It allows you
to easily generate html page from that.

Django docs doesn't show so descriptive doctests :/

> concerning the django-docs:
> from my point of view, the description of where to define the tests is
> not easy to understand.
This is my feeling too. What is more, Russel's hint with __test__
dictionary should be included in the docs too.

> one more issue:
> with our server-setup, it´s much easier to define a seperate user for
> the test-database (instead of using the user from the production-
> database). is that possible?
Very good point. I've got the same problem here.

Regards

--
Jakub Wisniowski