I'm having some trouble with time zones on my production machine (debian,
apache prefork with mod_python). On Windows, everything works as expected.
I'm running the trunk from maybe two weeks ago.

Basically, I have TIME_ZONE = 'GMT+1', but while datetime.datetime.today()
in a vanilla python shell returns the correct date, the same in manage.py
shell does not (off by 3 hours).

While I try to figure this out, allow me a more general question. It seems
every time I change the time zone, the date that gets written to my MySQL
database changes.

Frankly, what I would have expected is: The values stored in the backend
remain the same, only when read are interpreted differently. Isn't that how
it *should* work? Although I am always confused by time zones, so maybe I'm
way off here.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Michael