Sorry, I got confused about your input question re: the note integer.
(The confusion is from my accidental use of single quotes around the
input note value.)

I'm afraid I'm not using any buggy middleware, unless the stuff in
django.contrib is buggy.

I'll investigate to see if <a href="#1"></a> will successfully point
to <li id="1%22">, though I have my doubts!