On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 11:52 +0200, patrickk wrote:
> how do I truncate a string (in the template) after a certain amount
> of characters?
> I know thereĀ“s a truncate-filter, but it works with words and not
> characters.

There's #5025 in Trac.

This shouldn't be seen as any endorsement for that ticket, since I'm not
convinced it belongs in core and haven't really worried about making any
kind of decision. But you can try it out for your own purposes (use it
to create a filter in your app, for example).

Regards,
Malcolm

http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/