On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 16:33 -0400, George Vilches wrote:
> Lic. José M. Rodriguez Bacallao wrote:
> > how can I vote?
>
> There's no official voting mechanism for the non-Django developers
>   right now, it's mostly just based on putting a comment on the Trac
> ticket

Please don't do this. It's just noise in the end. With thousands of
people using Django, it's pretty much a given that any feature is going
to have some non-zero amount of people wanting to use it for some
purpose. Frankly, one person or six people or even 20 people saying they
would use something isn't statistically representative. It's a
self-selecting sample, for a start, and is a very small fraction of the
user-base without reflecting the counter-arguments. The unintended
downside is that lots of "I would use this" comments in Trac makes it
harder to extract out the substantive technical comments about a ticket.

That might sound harsh, but Trac is for tracking tickets, not as a
voting mechanism or a place to resolve design discussions. I say this
with all due respect, but as somebody who has to go through all the
tickets that are filed and read the comments (and non-comments) and as
somebody who often helps to make the decisions. You aren't helping
yourselves by adding such comments and you're hurting others.

Design discussions happen on django-dev, not in Trac.

Thanks,
Malcolm

--
Quantum mechanics: the dreams stuff is made of.
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/