I'll give it a shot.

One alternative I think could work for me is to use just one model for
each of the (current) models I'm trying to merge in the view, with a
bunch of fields that are flagged with "blank=True." This makes
ordering them in generic views very easy, but I don't like the
prospects of having a bunch of extra fields in my Admin form. (I'm
relatively agnostic to multiple empty fields in a db table, though.)

Would there be a way to take one model and have multiple ways to
display it in the Admin? (E.g., the model "Entry" might appear as if
it were these models: Entry, Thought, Link, Image?)

I'm leaning toward just using one model with a choice list for
filtering by "kind" of data in a table row, since handling that model
is within my current level of technical "expertise" (ha!).

Thanks for your help!