On 8/23/07, *San* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So now, I passed in as dictionary data = { a: a_stuff, b:
> b_stuff, ... }
> where a_stuff and b_stuff is also a dictionary, a_stuff {a_max:9,
> a_min:0, ...... etc}
>
> when i use
> {% for key,value in data.items %}
> {{key}}, {{value}}
> {%endfor%}
>
> it doesn't print anything, but when i do

I neglected to mention that the key,value syntax is only in Django
trunk, not in 0.96. If you are using an older version of Django, you
will need to use

{% for item in data.items %}
{{ item.0 }} - {{ item.1 }}
{%endfor%}

> did i pass the data incorrectly or something?

In this case, Django is just following the instructions you gave.

> it doesn't print anything, but when i do
> {% for key in data.items %}{{key}}{%endfor%}

The loop here is for key in data.items:

data.items returns a list of tuples, so in this loop, each iteration
of 'key' will hold a key-value tuple:

> it prints :
> ('a', {'a_max': 9, 'a_min': 0, .... etc}),

Which is exactly what it prints.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)