On Aug 24, 7:28 pm, "Ariel Mauricio Nunez Gomez"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Note: The user profile part was taken from this useful blog entry on James
> Bennet
> site:http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2006/06/06/django-tips-extending-user-model

Yeah, that's the advice I keep seeing when this question comes up.
The trouble is, if you read all the comments below it, is that the
admin interface makes it LOOK LIKE you can edit the UserProfile
information inline with the "built-in" User fields, but in actual
fact, the changes or additions you make get *discarded*.

That's not just useless, it's misleading and dangerous.  I'm not sure
whether it's a bug in Django or just a mistake I made in my
UserProfile model definition, but since I only need a couple people
doing admin-level upkeep, I just shrugged and made sure they know they
have to go create/edit the UserProfile object separately.