I am generating a form for a model that contains a CharField with
choices. According to the documentation I expect to see this
translated into a SELECT form field but all I get is a simple TEXT
form field:

models.py:
class Publication(models.Model):
    PUBLICATION_TYPES = (
        ('B',  'Book'),
        ('P',  'Periodical'),
        ('D',  'DVD'),
        ('O',  'Other'),
    )
    type = models.CharField(maxlength=1, choices=PUBLICATION_TYPES)

>>> from django import newforms as forms
>>> pubform = forms.form_for_model(Publication)
>>> pf = pubform()
>>> pf.as_table()
id="id_type" type="t

Any idea?