On 8/28/07, patrickk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> additional information:
> I just checked the default encoding

> 'ascii'
>
> should that be something different (like utf-8)?
> btw: all our data (database) and scripts are encoded with utf-8.

patrickk, I'm not sure what lapain's experience with unicode is, but
please disregard the advice to switch defaultencoding to utf-8.
Despite appearances, it's *good* that python refuses to guess what
encoding you might wish to emit.  You've found a bug in Django, and
it's better to fix Django than tell everybody to go hack their python
installs or change their processes with unusual configurations.