[ Sorry for long delay,  django is one of my "also projects" ]

On Aug 11, 11:15 pm, "Russell Keith-Magee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> As for how to fix this problem, I have two suggestions.
>
> 1) Are you sure you can't just fix this with a static fixture?

Yes, that should work just fine.  The reason I added them dynamically
is when I was rebuilding the models and playing around a lot, it
seemed easier to add them by name.

> 2) Alternatively, have you considered using a syncdb 'post_sync'
> trigger? When Django loads an application, it looks for management.py,
> and loads it if it is available. This provides an entry point to
> listen for the 'post_sync' signal.

That's cute.  I just learned of that framework the other day in the
django master slides

> > Since strptime() breaks with dates before 1901, it gets serialized out
> > with dumpdata but fails on a loaddata()
>
> Ok - this looks to be a python problem (although I'm seeing the issue
> with strftime, not strptime). It's worth logging as a ticket so that
> it isn't forgotten.
>
> Although this is a python problem, it is a python problem born of a
> desire to solve Y2K issues by supporting '04' as 1904. Since we are
> only using dates on the backend and in serialization, we can impose
> more rigorous datetime formatting constraints, so we might be able to
> solve this problem by using an alternate strftime/strptime
> implementation that requires 4 digit years. If you want to try your
> hand at this, feel free.

I'll enter a ticket for that one;  I can probably pull something
together as it bites me often enough on a system I have to
interoperate with.