On Aug 31, 8:56 am, "Peter Baumgartner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This will app will hook into an existing WordPress database and create
> models for all the relevant content. It provides WP users with an
> extremely lazy way to convert their site to Django or could be used to
> manage a WP install via the Django admin.

I've been thinking about it for a while, nice to see somebody else
beat me to it. :)

It would be interesting to develop a Django blogging app that uses the
native WP database layout (even though it's not a great db layout),
and implements a working, user-friendly admin console on top of that.
People could then swap WP with the new app while maintaining their
data, and having the option of going back to WP. Or even use WP for
presentation and the new app for managing their blog, or vice-versa.

Ludo