At 4:22 PM +0000 9/5/07, Steve  Potter wrote:
>  >
>>  Try coding each module as a Django template tag.
>>  Then, create a template that returns an html fragment rather than a
>>  full html page.
>>  Associate each rendered template with a specific URL.
>>  Perhaps something like:
>>        mysite.com/components/module1.html
>>  In Joomla, create a plug-in that simply calls the component.
>>
>>  As you migrate away from Joomla to Django, simply use the template
>>  tag directly in your Django template so you don't need to make the
>>  extra call.
>>  --Ray
>
>Ray,
>
>That sounds like it work work.  The only thing I am having a hard time
>understanding is how the request is made from the php script to
>Django.  Would it be best to make the request to the localhost using
>something like CURL?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve

Hi Steve:
Doing an HTTP call is indeed the way to go.
Afraid I don't know the PHP library well enough to answer that definitively.
A quick Google found the following reference calling without CURL.
<http://netevil.org/blog/2006/nov/http-post-from-php-without-curl>

I'd stay away from Curl simply because I would not want to launch a
new app each time the remote query needs to be run.  A pure PHP
solution would be preferable. (also less worry about the security of
passing a command-line parameter to the curl call).
--Ray

--

Raymond Cote
Appropriate Solutions, Inc.