>> These changes are in preparation of some exciting news, but I'll leave
>> y'all in suspense until next week.
>
> You're rewriting Django in Java! Finally, enterprise capability!

I thought it was one of the following:

- adding "2.0" to the official name to make it a "Web 2.0"
buzzword-compliant technology... "Django 2.0, now with more AJAXy
goodness for your RESTful/SOAPy SaaS!  Paradigm!  Synergy!"

- the addition of Cobol data-stores and hierarchical databases

- support for SilverLight

- Django has been ported from Python to PostScript and can now
run on any PostScript compatible printer with minimal syntax changes

- a complete reimplementation of Emacs in Django

- a complete reimplementation of Django in Emacs

- ability to use use Prolog as your backing fact database

Any other guesses? :)

TGIF...

-tim