On 9/10/07, Ronald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I completely forgot about that. However, my problem still persists
> cause I am not using Models.FileField but Forms.FileField.
>
> Your solution will work for models but I am using forms and I m not
> sure if instance of form has similar method such as get_FOO_filename.
>
> Sorry i wasnt really clear before and I hope someone here can help me
> again.

Your question is slightly ill-posed. Form.FileField doesn't have a
get_FOO_filename equivalent because it doesn't have any responsibility
for saving (or storing) a file on disk. As such, there is no such
thing as 'the full path to the file' - there is only the name of the
file as supplied to the form, and the contents of the file selected by
the form.

If you want to save something permanently, you need to associate it
with a model FileField (which provides an upload_to directory into
which the file content can be placed), or you need to roll your own
scheme for determining a server-side file location from form input.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)