> However, when I save the record in the Django admin, I get this:
>
> [Errno 25] Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> Exception Location:     build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/twitter.py in
> _GetUsername, line 1498

A couple pieces of information would be helpful:

Which OS?

Could you provide the full traceback (redacted for
usernames/passwords if needed, but at least the full callstack)?

As which user is the python process running, and how is it
running (dev server, apache, fast-cgi)?

If you pull up a raw python prompt and execute the following two
lines, what do you get:

   >>> import os
   >>> os.getlogin()

Also at the raw python prompt, what happens if you do

   >>> import twitter
   >>> twitter._GetUsername()

That should provide enough information to at least try and
replicate the problem, and get things a step closer to finding an
answer.

-tim