>> I looked over the docs
>> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/0_91/templates/
>>
>> but the closest thing was SPACELESS
>
> - What does a TRIM filter do? Perhaps it change the colour of the trim
> on your website?

I suspect what some languages call Trim is the Python
function/method "strip()".  Since this is a method of all string
objects, and Django calls callables, just using {{
story.tease.strip }} may do what the OP wanted.

> - Why doesn't SPACELESS 'work'? It works fine for me, and there are an
> extensive set of tests that demonstrate all the ways it works. What
> should it be doing that it isn't doing?

I suspect that the OP misunderstood "spaceless" to mean strip()
which of course doesn't work as strip() :)

> Secondly - Django 0.91 is extremely old; I _really_ wouldn't recommend
> building new sites on this version if you can possibly avoid doing so.

Seconded.  .95 or .96 at a minimum :)

-tim