I agree with Nicolas.  Some fights aren't worth the effort or risk.
Even if it works flawlessly from a technical aspect, it may not go
well for you.  Here in the sue happy states it would probably open you
up to quite a bit of legal liability, they least of which would result
in you not getting paid.  My personal approach would be to implement a
small portion of what they want in both django and php, and break down
the advantages $ and disadvantages $ of each, including your
productivity $. Request a meeting with the Bobs and talk to them in a
language they can understand (usually $profit,-$liability).  You won't
win with management on technical issues they just don't get.

If you're prepared to drop the project if you have to do it in php,
you've got nothing to lose anyway so you can be a bit more
aggressive.  Management likes aggressive a LOT more than sneaky.