> i have to quickly make a few changes. I have replaced one
> email address in views.py by another. Now, i'd like to know if
> i need to recompile this views.py file, and if so what is the
> exact command ( will python views.py work).

It's non-obvious if you're coming from the compiled-language
world to the interpreted world.  Barring any failures of your
system clock, of your file-system, or intentional meddling on
your part to alter the timestamp on the .pyc file, Python
automatically detects via the timestamp when it needs to
recompile the .py file into a fresh .pyc file.

So the simple answer is simply to let the views.py be run
(whether via hitting the "manage.py runserver" server, or
actually pointing at it via your production web server).  Python
will notice that the .pyc is out of date and automatically
rebuild it for you.  This happens so quickly, it's almost
unnoticable.

There are some freak cases where you have to force a compile
(which python can do), but unless you're in one of these cases,
you should be fine.

-tim