On 10/3/07, fdraft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So I'm keeping uploaded files in an S3 bucket. For private documents,
> their S3 permissions are set to private. So my plan has been that
> Django will check if a user is authenticated, and if so, pull the
> document from S3 and send it to the client. I'm using the boto S3
> library to do the actuall interactions with S3 (that's what all the
> get_key stuff is based on below). This functions are:
>
> <snip>
>
> I thought I had found a discussion that linked this error to threading
> in python - but I can't seem to find it again. Any ideas you have on
> how to resolve this would be appreciated...

I don't know about this particular problem, but I've been working on a
way to plug different file storage mechanisms into Django easily, and
S3 is high on my list. I have a backend written for it, but I don't
use S3 so I haven't tested it yet, and the file storage code hasn't
landed in trunk anyway.

I'm only saying all this to let you know that I'll be keeping an eye
on this discussion, and there may be a much easier way to do all this
in the near future. I don't know if my code will have the same problem
as yours though, so it's still best to sort out what you're dealing
with in the mean time.

-Gul