On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 10:44 -0700, jacoberg2 wrote:
> I have regular and custom validators in my models.
> I also have a custom manipulator in my view, so i can get the field
> data in a
> form. Is it necessary to put the validators in the custom manipulator
> in order
> to dynamically present the errors in the templates, as to alert the
> user of the site what they are doing wrong in the form? If not how
> would this be accomplished?

At the moment, you probably do have to do some kind of workaround like
that, because we have only partially implemented validate() on models.

Prior to 1.0 (and hopefully sooner than that), we're going to be adding
a bit more validation to models -- partly to give models access to
"self" if they need it. One of the things that comes out of that will be
a way to feed model validation errors back to forms -- automatically in
the form_for_instance() and form_for_models() cases and by giving the
programmer access to the errors after calling model.validate() in all
other cases.

Regards,
Malcolm